Rhythmic Gymnastics Alberta wishes all of our community and their families a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend!
Whether physically distanced or carefully cohorting, the nature of our sport has club members sharing common spaces and places. Please see the recent up date from the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services (AHS) and give them careful consideration in an effort to keep one another healthy and our gyms safe spaces to participate in the sport we love:
On Thursday, October 8, Dr. Hinshaw announced voluntary measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19 for the Edmonton Zone and surrounding areas.
We would like to ensure that all of our members in the Edmonton Zone including the communities noted below aware of the following change:
Beaumont, Devon, Edmonton, Evansburg, Fort Saskatchewan, Gibbons, Leduc, Morinville, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Stony Plain, Thorsby, surrounding villages and businesses.
Beginning October 8, all residents and visitors of Edmonton and surrounding communities should:
- Keep your family and social gatherings small - no more than 15 people.
- Wear a mask in all indoor work settings, except when alone in a workspace like an office or cubicle where you are safely distanced from others, or an appropriate barrier is in place.
- Limit your cohorts to no more than 3: your core household, your school, and one other sport or social cohort.
- Young children who attend child care could be part of 4 cohorts, given that child care settings have not been a high risk for spread.
- Health officials are closely monitoring the Edmonton Zone. Additional measures may be recommended if needed.
Please see the recent update to the Daily Screening Checklist, updated on Thursday, October 8.
In addition, please take a look a the Guidance for Parents of Children Attending School and/or Childcare resource was made available as it may be a useful tool for the gym setting as well.
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!
RGA Board & Staff