In this Issue:
- Rhythmic Gymnastics Alberta 2022 AGM
- RGA Staff
- Thank you Jenn
- Alberta Clubs Winter Performances
- Calendar of Events 2023
Rhythmic Gymnastics Alberta 2022 AGM
On Sunday November 27th Rhythmic Gymnastics Alberta hosted our Annual General Meeting. We first want to thank all those who attended, we are excited to move into the new season with everyone! Sonya Golly-Jahn has reached the end of her term on the board and we would like to send a huge thank you to her for her time, commitment and dedication to Rhythmic Gymnastics and our members, especially our recreational community - although we know you won't be far you will be missed at the board level. Thank you Sonya!
We are so pleased to share with you our 2022/2023 board:
- President - Melanie Smith
- Vice-President - Claudia Carvalho
- Treasurer - Krista Regier
- Marketing & Publicity Chair - Dana Hunter
- Competitive Development Chair - Iveta Milciute
- Recreational Development Chair - Yunping Chen
- Judging Chair - Natasha Pavlovic
- Coaching Chair - Michelle Anderson
- North Zone Representative - Connie Bramer
- Central Zone Representative - Vacant
- South Zone Representative - Vacant
- Athlete Representative - Sierra Jenkins
As you may be aware we have had some changes in roles and positions in the office. Jenn Rochford has stepped away from the position of Executive Director in order to focus on health matters. Kelly Mills, RGA's Member Services & Events Manager for the past 4 years, has been selected as RGA's next Executive Director and Ellie Monument has moved into the role of Member Services, Events Coordinator and Office Manager.
In addition to those staffing changes we are so excited to share that on December 6th, 2022, Kelly and her husband announced the birth of their beautiful baby girl. That being said, Kelly will be taking maternity leave for the rest of the season so please direct all forms of communication to Ellie Monument. She is available via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and via phone at (780-893-8226).
Ellie's office hours will be 9am-4pm Monday to Friday. Any communication received outside of these hours will be responded to in the order it was received during her next office hours.
Thank you Jenn!
Jennifer Rochford, Executive Director of Rhythmic Gymnastics Alberta for the last 5 years, has made the decision to step away from the position to focus on health matters.
Prior to becoming the Executive Director Jenn worked as our Member Services Coordinator for 2 years. In her time at RGA she has touched the lives of countless athletes, coaches, judges and volunteers throughout the sport of Rhythmic Gymnastics and beyond.
We do not have the words to express our gratitude for all that you have done and continue to do for our community. Your kindness is unmatched everyday but especially during some very tough long years when COVID stopped the world in it's tracks. The health and well being of our community has always been your top priority, the passion and dedication you have shown to SafeSport has truly left Rhythmic Gymnastics in Alberta a better place than before.
Jenn, we wish you the very best in the future.
Alberta Club Winter Performances
2023 Events Schedule
Mark your calendars, here are the current scheduled events for the upcoming season!
- Elite Canada - hosted in Richmond, BC, February 16th - 20th 2023.
- North & South Zones - co hosted by Alegria in Edmonton, March 12th 2023. (with Invitational)
- Elite Alberta Provincial Championships - co hosted by Edmonton Rhythmics in Edmonton, April 1st - 2nd, 2023. (with Invitational)
- 2023 Western Canadian Championships - hosted by GymSask in Regina, Sask. April 11th - 16th, 2023.
- Provincial Gymnaestrada - co hosted by NorGlen RG in Calgary, April 29th, 2023.
- Elena's Rhythmic Gymnastics Club Invitational - hosted by Elena's RGC in Edmonton, May 6th, 2023.
- 2023 Canadian Championships, RG - hosted in Markham, ON. May 17th-21st, 2023.
- Alberta Cup Provincial Championships/Artistry Cup - co hosted by Ad Astra in Edmonton, June 2nd - 4th 2023. (with Invitational)